Come and enjoy Stillwood Camp’s Outdoor Education Program, designed to coincide with the requirements of the BC curriculum with modules available across grades K-12. Our flexible modules provide a custom program to bring your classroom outside.
Please note that we are currently overhauling our modules, and are limited in what we can offer. Please note that our availability for the outdoor ed program is limited, and we aim to book based on the availability of our teachers in training. Please contact us at email@example.com for further details.
- Options for all ages.
- With unrestricted access to Watt Creek, test the quality and volume of water entering Cultus Lake, while also discovering the effects of water quality on local ecosystems. Discover the wildlife in and around the creek, explore the history of Watt Creek and the lake, and the interactions with our surroundings.
Coming Fall 2023. Explore the flora of the Columbia Valley with our outdoor education specialists, discovering the food and medicine of the outdoors, as well as practical uses to our natural resources. Learn to identify and prepare what is local to the Columbia Valley. Not recommended for younger ages.
- Designed for grades K-6.
- Dates of availability are weather dependant.
- With acres of forest at your fingertips, get digging for critters and crawlies and identify them under a magnifier in this module dedicated to bugs.
- Designed with options for grades K-6 and 7-12.
- Study the biodiversity of Stillwood’s on-site forest by calculating Simpson’s Index and investigate the impact of seasons, animals and humans.
- Designed for all ages.
- Navigate your way through the natural habitats of wildlife local to the lower mainland and Cultus Lake areas. Discover the habits of our native animals and identify their prints while also learning about the everyday life of forest fauna. See these animals up close while exploring our Outdoor Education Centre, including a donated taxidermy collection of 70+ animals. (**Note that all animals were preserved as a result of roadkill or sickness**)
- Come and explore the forest, taking in the natural environment, biodiversity and beautiful scenery. Our guides will lead you through a variety of our on-site hikes, such as access to Teapot Hill, International Ridge trails, and Watt Creek Trails. Hike difficulty is weather and age dependant.
- It’s not just fun, it’s a science! Enjoy a session of fun initiative games and challenges while our professional team building instructors provide countless opportunities to build real life skills, including problem solving, communication, leadership and, of course, team work.
Please note that all modules are weather dependant, especially in early spring and later fall.
PLEASE NOTE: All Outdoor Education programming will not run during July-August due to Stillwood’s Summer Camp Program
To inquire or book your event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org- we would love to explore with you and your students!