Stillwood Camp and Conference Centre
All employees will foster an environment conducive to furthering Stillwood’s Mission & Core Values. Foodservice personnel must possess a desire to work in & learn more about the foodservice industry and ability to analyse and interpret the needs of our many guests. Cooks will report to the Foodservice Director, and will primarily be working in the kitchen, preparing food for Stillwood’s guests.
Foremost for all Stillwood employees is to maintain an environment conducive to furthering Stillwood’s mission & core values. Stillwood’s mission statement is: We exist to lead people to experience transformation in Jesus. Stillwood’s Core Values are: discipleship, evangelism, integrity, excellence, relationships & community.
- Prepare and cook meals according to meal plans, recipes, and directives from the foodservice Director.
- Wash dishes after a meal service and throughout the day as needed.
- Keep work areas clean under laid-down procedures, and hygiene requirements.
- Adhere to and enforce all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances, and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and Stillwood’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times.
- Ensure that guests and colleagues are communicated to in a friendly manner, putting the concerns of others before personal gain.
- Working alongside other Stillwood staff, ensure the dining room & foodservice areas properly set up & clean.
- Work as a team to achieve Stillwood’s mission and objectives. This may include being trained for and working in areas outside of the kitchen.
- A Supervisor, Foodservice Director or Executive Director may assign additional tasks. These tasks will be required work unless it is unsafe to perform these tasks.
*It is your right and responsibility to refuse any work that we have not trained you for, or that poses a safety risk.
- Stillwood is owned/operated by the Mennonite Brethren Church of Canada. Stillwood’s government mandated charitable status is predicated upon advancing/teaching the tenets of Christianity. As such Stillwood follows & teaches the MB confession of faith. While this position does not require teaching the confession of faith; all Stillwood employees are not to engage in activities that would hinder or jeopardize our ability to teach the MB confession of faith. The MB Confession of Faith can be found here https://bcmb.org/about/our-confession-of-faith/
- A desire to work in & learn more about the foodservice industry
- Ability to analyse and interpret the needs of guests and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- We will give flexibility in shifts where available. All kitchen staff will need to be available to work some weekends and/or evenings.
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- High levels of stress and pressure
- We may require occasional overtime
- Interaction with guests & volunteers from a variety of cultures, ages, and ethnicities
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.