Stillwood Camp and Conference Centre
All employees will foster an environment conducive to furthering Stillwood’s Mission & Core Values. General maintenance personnel must possess a desire to work in & learn more about the specific needs related to Stillwoods facility and maintenance needs. General maintenance personnel will report to the maintenance director. General maintenance personnel will be primarily active in keeping the Stillwood facility in good working order. Occasionally general maintenance personnel will be involved in coordinating volunteer teams/individuals. Job duties will be done under the direction of the maintenance director, and executive director.
Foremost for all Stillwood employees is to maintain an environment conducive to furthering Stillwood’s mission & core values. Stillwood’s mission statement is: We exist to lead people to experience transformation in Jesus. Stillwood’s Core Values are: discipleship, evangelism, integrity, excellence, relationships & community.
- Initiate and facilitate the completion of projects that help Stillwood further its mission and values.
- Conduct regular routine site inspections
- Perform both preventative maintenance and repairs
- Oversee, coordinate and work with professional contractors when needed.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical problems
- Maintain and repair Stillwood vehicles.
- Maintain and repair all Stillwood buildings. Including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, structural, and HVAC systems.
- Maintain Stillwood’s natural grounds.
- Ensure facilities and procedures comply with all building & safety codes. This includes all WorkSafe and OHS policies.
- Work with and supervise both professional and volunteer teams.
- Ensure the safe operation of all Stillwood maintenance equipment. This includes all WorkSafe and OHS policies.
- Develop organizational systems and procedures to aid in prioritizing repairs and maintenance
- Ensure that guests and colleagues are communicated to in a friendly manner, putting the concerns of others before personal gain.
- Work as a team to achieve Stillwood’s mission and objectives.
- The maintenance director or executive director may assign additional tasks. These tasks will be required work unless it is unsafe to perform these tasks.
*It is your right and responsibility to refuse any work that we have not trained you for, or that poses a safety risk.
- Stillwood’s government mandated charitable status is predicated upon advancing/teaching the tenets of Christianity. As such Stillwood follows & teaches the MB confession of faith. While this position does not require teaching the confession of faith; Stillwood employees are not to engage in activities that would hinder or jeopardize our ability to teach the MB confession of faith. The MB Confession of Faith can be found here https://bcmb.org/about/our-confession-of-faith/
- Demonstrate or have experience in leading teams of 5-10 people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data related to general facility maintenance
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Facility maintenance can be performed on a schedule, however in emergency situations it may be necessary to perform tasks on an irregular schedule.
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Occasional overtime may be required
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.